Improve your Instagram profile with these 7 simple tips:
1. Add your contact details: website address, phone number e-mail address, and physical address. If you work from a home office and do not wish to provide your home address, you can give your approximate location (e.g. Ashford, Kent).
2. Add a profile picture: provide a quality photo of yourself (e.g. no glare if you wear glasses), on a white background or a photo taken in a bright room. Wear something that reflects your brand colour (e.g. wear a red shirt if red is your brand colour). Use the same picture on all your social media platforms, it makes it easier for people to identify you. If you do not wish to provide a profile picture, you can upload a logo instead.
3. Name: write your first name or full name and what you do (e.g. Emilie | Virtual Assistant)
4. Username: It is best to use a username that reflects the name of your company and is the same as your Facebook/LinkedIn business page. This way it is easier for people to search for you (e.g. @yourdigitalqueen if your business name is Your Digital Queen).
5. Define a business category that best describes your business/industry.
6. Bio: Find a few words to describe your business and add your main services. Add a tagline if you have one (e.g. reliable, efficient, professional). Offer a lead magnet/freebie (e.g. free discovery call, free website audit). Don't use hashtags in your bio (as they are not searchable) but use emojis that are relevant to your industry.
7. Add action buttons: Action buttons connect your Instagram profile with online services you already use, so that people can complete transactions directly from your profile (e.g. you can sync your Facebook booking calendar with your Instagram account).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me: email@example.com